BENTLEY REVEALS EXP 9 F – A PINNACLE LUXURY PERFORMANCE SUV DESIGN CONCEPT
• EXP 9 F all-wheel drive luxury Sport Utility Vehicle concept revealed at Geneva Motor Show
• Potential for third Bentley model-line alongside Mulsanne and Continental ranges
• Bold reinterpretation of Bentley design cues in a spacious, versatile and high performance SUV
• A fusion of contemporary, crafted luxury, advanced in-car technology, commanding driving position and all-terrain capability
• 6.0 litre, twin turbocharged W12 engine and 8 speed transmission
Unmistakably a Bentley – yet a Bentley like none before it – the EXP 9 F could herald a third Bentley model-line alongside the bespoke Mulsanne and the high performance Continental GT, GTC and Flying Spur.
BOLD, DYNAMIC, SPORTY DESIGN
• Key Bentley styling cues re-interpreted for EXP 9 F with innovative detailing
• Sculptured flowing surfaces emphasise power, muscularity and robustness
The designers were inspired not only by the more functional nature of EXP 9 F but by the ‘visible engineering’ of the famous Blower Bentleys. For example, the day-time running lamp apertures also act as the charge cooler air intakes for the twin-turbo W12 engine, each with a dramatic, mesh-covered turbine fan design and ‘rifled’ inner surface finish.
Video of the Bentley EXP 9F
INTERIOR – A FUSION OF LUXURY WITH UTILITY
• Light, airy, contemporary cabin design with exquisite British ‘sporting’ luxury craft detailing
• Contemporary use of touchscreen and tailored interface technologies
• Fresh interpretation of traditional handcrafted materials with highly durable surfaces
• High degree of practicality including versatile rear cabin layout and full-width, two-piece tailgate
COMMANDING DRIVING POSITION AND CONTROL ARCHITECTURE
• Inspired blend of traditional analogue and TFT touchscreen technology
• Bespoke interface engineering – tailored to the individual with driver-selectable instrumentation modes
EVALUATION, REFINEMENT AND FUTURE PLANNING
When the first generation Continental GT was unveiled in 2003 it represented the renaissance of Bentley as a global luxury icon, subsequent launches such as Mulsanne, Continental Flying Spur saloon and the new Continental GT have seen the Bentley brand growing from strength to strength.
EXP 9 F represents the chance to take Bentley values of design, craftsmanship and engineering excellence into what would be – literally – new terrain for the brand. Bentley’s experience with the all-wheel drive Continental range makes the concept of a Bentley SUV a natural progression for the company.